Water ½ cup
Grated beet root 150g
Grated carrot 150g
Brinjal de-skinned 150g
Tomato 150g (blanched, de-skinned)
Snake gourd 50g
Elephant yam 150g
White pumpkin (Thadiyanka) 50g
Milk ½ cup
Coconut 1st milk 1 cup
Coconut 2nd milk 3 cup
Cashew nuts 15 nos
- Boil jiggery in water till it dissolves and strain and keep aside.
- Cook ingredients no.2 in milk.
- Make a paste of cooked vegetables and tomato.
- Sauté this paste in ghee and jaggery.
- Add the 2nd milk and cook till payasam consistency.
- Add the first milk and switch off fire.
- Roast cashew nuts in 2tsp ghee.
Sprinkle crushed cashew nuts on payasam before serving.
Note: If needed about 20 g of sago can be boiled and cooked and can layer the payasam and sago alternately for a better presentation
Vegetable Payasam Recipe contributed by Rakhi alex