SWEET CORN UPMA
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation Time: 10 mins.
Cooking Time: 15 mins.
- 250 gms sweet-corn kernels
- 2 green chillies, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1-2 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 pinch hing (asafetida)
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped finely
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsps. corn oil
- Boil sweet-corn kernels along with salt in a pressure cooker for few minutes.
- Grind the corn kernels in a blender along with green chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds crackle, add hing and curry leaves.
- Then add ground corn-chillie mixture to the pan and stir.
- Add chilli powder and lemon juice and remove from the heat.
- Adjust salt if required.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Recipe by Rehana khambaty