This payasam is very very easy to make, than any other payasams…..itz a creamy delicious pink payasam…
Serves – 5
1.Milk – 1 litre
2.Sugar – 1 cup or more
3.Rice Chemba Rice(payasam rice) – Two handful
4.Crushed Cardamom- 1tsp
5.Ghee- 1 tbsp
1. Soak the rice for half an hour and then wash it .
2. Put the contents 1,2,3 together in a pressure cooker, close the lid without weight on and put on high flame.
3. Wait till steam comes, then put on the weight and simmer the flame.
4. Simmer it for sharp 30 minutes.
5. Switch off the gas after 30 minutes and wait for the pressure to relieve, which might take 30-45 minutes.
6. Open the cooker and add crushed cardamom and ghee to the payasam.
7. Now you will get a very tasty, delicious pinkish color payasam.
You will not get the pink color in the conventional method. But by pressure cooking with the accurate measurement of ingredients you will get that pinkish creamy texture even without adding a drop of condensed milk.
Serve chilled for better tastes…