Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
Main Ingredients: oats vegetables
- Oats – 1 cup, dry roasted for 3 mts
- Semolina – 1/2 cup, dry roasted for 5 mts
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Onion – 1, sliced
- Green Chilies – 2, slit
- Carrot – 1, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- Potato – 1, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- Capsicum – 1, chopped into small pieces
- Tomato – 1, finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1"
- Green Cardamom – 1
- Garam Masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsps, finely chopped
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 1/2 tbsps
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Heat a tbsp of ghee and oil in a heavy bottomed vessel. Add the cinnamon stick, cardamom and clove. Allow them to sizzle and add the curry leaves, green chilies and sliced onions. Saute for 4 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for another 4 mts. Add chopped carrots, potatoes and capsicum and saute on medium flame for 5 mts. Reduce flame, place lid and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add salt and garam masala and mix. Add 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce flame and slowly add the roasted semolina while constantly mixing. Keep mixing on low to medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the oats at this stage and half a tbsp of ghee and mix. Cook on low flame for 3 minutes. Turn off heat. Add lemon juice and mix.
- Remove onto a serving bowl and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Vegans can omit ghee.
- Sprouts can also be added along with mixed vegetables.
Recipe Contributed by sirisha siri