Serves : 4 persons
Preparation time : 10 Mins.
Cooking time: 25 Mins.
1 cup white oats
1 cup rice (washed and drained)
½ cup chopped onions
2” cinnamon stick
4 nos. cloves
3 nos. cardamoms
2 nos. bay leaves
1 cup masoor dal (split red lentils, washed and drained)
2 cups French beans (cut into small pieces)
2 cups potatoes (cut into cubes)
10-12 nos. green peas
3 nos. green chillies (chopped)
¼ tsp. turmeric powder
2 tbsp. Dabur Hommade ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp. ghee
salt to taste
1. Crush the cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms lightly.
2. Heat ghee in a sauté pan and fry the onions. Add the crushed spices and bay leaves and fry for a few seconds.
3. Add rice, masoor dal, potatoes, fried beans, green peas, green chillies, turmeric powder, garlic and ginger.
4. Mix well and cook for 2 mins.
5. Add 5 ½ cups of hot water and salt. Cover and cook for 10-15 mins. or until the vegetables and rice are half cooked.
6. Add the oats, mix well and fully cook the vegetables and rice.
7. Serve hot.
Recipe by Rehana khambaty