Makes 12 to 16 bars
Preparation time: 15 Mins.
Cooking time: 35 Mins.
2 cups white oats
1 cup wheatflour (sieved)
¾th cup each powdered brown sugar and seedless raisins
½ cup each wheatgerm and toasted and chopped walnuts
½ tsp. each salt and powdered cinnamon
½ cup each oil and honey
½ cup corn syrup
2 tsps. vanilla essence
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C. Line a 13×9 inch tray with foil and grease with oil.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, in a small bowl mix the remaining liquid ingredients.
3. Mix both the dry and liquid ingredients and press the mixture evenly into the prepared tray.
4. Bake in a hot oven for 20-25 mins.until the edges are golden brown.
5. Cool and transfer on a wire rack.
6. Cut into bars and wrap them individually.
7. Store in an air-tight container.
Recipe by Rehana khambaty