Chick peas – 250gm
Onion – 4 (medium / 2 for paste, 2 for slicing)
1 cup – Mushroom, soked in warm water & quartered
Garlic paste – 2 tbs
Ginger paste – 1tbs
Turmeric Powder – 1tbs
Cumin powder – 1tbs
Coriander powder – 1tbs
Chilly Powder – 2tbs
Green Chilly – 2
Tomato – 1 large
Potato – 1 large
Salt to taste
Sugar – 1tbs
1. Soak the chickpeas overnight, so that they become soft easily. Even after soaking also you have to put them in pressure cooker for 4-5 whistles.Add little bit salt while in cooker.After that drain that water.
2. Now heat a pan with mustard oil. Add garlic paste and then add the onions paste & slices.
3. Add chopped green chilies and fry the onions till they become soft.
4. Now add potato pieces, mushrooms & tomatoes and stir for 2 min in medium flame.
5. Now add the cooked peas in the pan. Increase the flame a bit and fry this whole mixture properly.
6. After 5 min of frying, add turmeric powder,cumin powder,coriander powder, chilly powder and ginger paste in it. Again stir properly so that masala can mix properly.
7. After frying all the peas and masalas, now add water. Add sugar & salt.
8. Now cook for 5-7 min in high flame.
9. Finally add garam masala just before finishing.Stire it properly.You can garnish it with chopped onions and chopped coriander. Even you can also add chopped green chili.
Mushroom Chhole Recipe by Nandita Debnath