1 1/2 cups – Rice (preferable Basmati)
Salt To Taste
1 Pinch – Turmeric powder
1 tb spoon – garam masala
2 – bay leaves
3 – cardamom
1 – Cinnamon
6 – kismis
1 cup – Mushroom, small, soked in warm water & halved
1 – buddha palm squash, small, chopped
Rice:Water – 1: 1 1/2
1. Soak rice for half an hour. Soaked kismis in water.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp of ghee is a cooker, fry bay leaves. Add cinnamon & cardamom.
3. Add the garam masala and fry. Add the chopped mushrooms & squash and mix well.
4. Cook until the masala separates from oil and vegetables gets tender. Add turmeric powder.
5. Add rice, salt, 3 cups of water and stir well. Add kismis. Cover and cook on high flame & wait for the cooker to whistle once. Turn off the heat & let it set for 10-15 mins.
8. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve hot Mushroom-Chole.