Dum Kaddu \ Kochur Dom Recipe
- 500gms Kochu (colocasia)
- oil for deep-frying
- 1 cup ghee (optional)
- 2 medium Onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, roughly chopped
- 1tsp garam masala powder
- 4 bay leaves
- 12 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1tsp Sugar
1. Scrape the kochu (colocasia), prick all over with a fork. In a cooker take these colocasia with enough water & place on oven; wait till 2-3 whistles of the cooker. Turn off heat & keep aside for 10mins.
2. Heat oil in kadai. Add the bay leaves & add chopped garlic, toss for 30sec. Add chopped onions. Saute for 2mins. Add the boiled colocasia. Saute for 3mins.
3. Add ginger paste & toss. Add tomatoes & toss. Add all the masala powders (except the garam masala), salt, sugar & saute for 4-5mins on medium flame.
4. Add enough water, depending upon the tenderness of the boiled colocasia & amount to gravy you want. Cover the kadai & cook on low flame (if the colocasia tubes are not tender enough).
5. After7-8mins, unver the kadai & cook on high flame until you get the desired amount of gravy.
6. Add garam masala powder & saute for 10-12sec on low heat. Turn off the heat.
Dum Kaddu \ Kochur Dom Recipe by Nandita Debnath