Learn easily how to make Khajur ki Chutney at your home.
- 20 dates
- 1teaspoons cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ cup jaggery
- 1 cup tamarind pulp (see below)
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1teaspoon dried ginger powder
- 1teaspoon black salt
- ½ teaspoon Salt to taste
- Wash and stone the dates and chop roughly. Dry-roast the cumin seeds and fennel seeds. Cool slightly and grind to a powder. Mix together the dates, jaggery, tamarind pulp, cumin and fennel powder, chilli powder, dried ginger powder, black salt, salt to taste and one cup of water.
- Cook on medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and continue to cook for six to eight minutes. Cool and serve.
- Tamarind Pulp – Soak 75 grams tamarind in one cup of warm water for 10-15 minutes. Grind to a smooth paste and strain to remove any fibres.
- Store the pulp in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Chutney is ready