Learn how to make delicious Chana Dal at your home.
- 1 cup split Bengal gram, soaked
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- ½ teaspoon mustards seeds
- 4 dried red chillies
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1table spoon coriander powder
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 10 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2small brinjals, sliced
- 5ladiesfinger cut in small pieces
- 1tablespoon tamarind paste
- ¼ teaspoon asafoetida
- Salt to taste
Heat the oil in a cooker and add the mustard seeds. When they splutter add the red chillies, sauté for two minutes. Add the onion, garlic; turmeric and coriander continue sautéing on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
Add the drained Bengal gram, brinjals, ladies finger and tamarind and sauté on high heat for two or three minutes. Mix in the asafoetida and salt.
Add 2 cups of water, give full pressure for 5-7 minutes, cool naturally.
Serve with pulavo and tomatoes sauce.