Banana halwa is a traditional South-Indian recipe. As I tried this with some variations, a little change in ingredients made a great change in taste. Here is the recipe.
- Bananas(ripe) – 6
- Coconut (raw) – ½
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Cream (milk’s top layer) – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 1 tbsp
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Grate the coconut using a grater.
- In a heavy-bottom pan heat ghee and add grated coconut.
- Cook until coconut turns light brown and ghee separates.
- Add sliced bananas, sugar, milk, cream, and cardamom powder.
- Cook for 5 minutes or till bananas get a little soft and milk is absorbed completely.
- Add crushed cashew nuts and raisins.
Banana Halwa Recipe contributed by Nilofer Farhat