1/2 cup green moong dal (soaked for 4 hours)
2 tbsp. rice flour
2 green chillies chopped
1 small onion chopped
– Soak moong dal for 4-5 hours
– Wash the soaked moong dal thoroughly. While washing, get rid of the green skin.
– For the dosa batter, grind green chillies, onions, coriander leaves and moong dal well into a coarse paste. Add water if required.
– Add rice flour, salt and 1/2 tsp. oil to the paste. Mix the batter well.
– Add water to make the batter of a spreading consistency.
– Heat a flat non-stick pan and get it off the flame.
– Pour the batter with a spoon and spread it into a circle.
– Get it back on the flame and cook it.
– Once the water dries out, brush some oil over the dosa.
– Remove the dosa from the pan carefully making sure that it is cooked from everywhere.
– Serve hot with fresh coconut chutney