August 14, 2013
1/2 cup green moong dal (soaked for 4 hours)
2 tbsp. rice flour
2 green chillies chopped
1 small onion chopped
- Soak moong dal for 4-5 hours
- Wash the soaked moong dal thoroughly. While washing, get rid of the green skin.
- For the dosa batter, grind green chillies, onions, coriander leaves and moong dal well into a coarse paste. Add water if required.
- Add rice flour, salt and 1/2 tsp. oil to the paste. Mix the batter well.
- Add water to make the batter of a spreading consistency.
- Heat a flat non-stick pan and get it off the flame.
- Pour the batter with a spoon and spread it into a circle.
- Get it back on the flame and cook it.
- Once the water dries out, brush some oil over the dosa.
- Remove the dosa from the pan carefully making sure that it is cooked from everywhere.
- Serve hot with fresh coconut chutney