December 29, 2012
Bottle gourd 1 medium
Paneer 100gm, mashed
Onion 2 cups, finely chopped
Garlic paste 1tbs,
Chilli 2, chopped
Salt and Black pepper powder to taste
1. Remove skin of Bottle gourd, cut into 6 medium pieces & boil in hot water for 10min or until the pieces are tender. Cool and Scoop the circular pieces a little so that a slight depression is formed for the filling.
2. Heat 1tbs oil and fry 1cup onion for 1/2 minute. Add the chopped chilli and fry again for a few seconds. Add the mashed paneer and cook for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2mins. Stuffing is ready.
3. Fill each piece with the filling.
4. Mix cornflour, salt, turmeric powder with water to form a smooth batter. Dip each stuffed Bottle gourd pieces in the batter & fry in hot oil,in a pan.
1. Heat oil in a pan,add garlic paste & remaining 1cup onion. When onion becomes soft, add 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1tsp coriander powder, 1/2tsp turmeric powder, 1/3tsp chilly powder & salt. (You can add potato pieces-cut into medium cubes.)
2. Saute for 4-5min in low flame. Add water. (If added potato, cover the pan & cook for 7-8min in low flame, then uncover & cook in high flame for 5mins.) Cook in high flame for 5mins without covering the pan. Curry is ready.
3. Add the fried stuffed Bottle gourd pieces in the curry, cook on low flame for 3-5mins. Add chopped coriander leaves, turn off the heat & serve hot.
Mushroom Chhole Recipe by Nandita Debnath